Saturday, April 23, 2016

Your Facebook "Friends"

A client asked me a few weeks ago about...well, how to put it lightly,...basically how to push his products and services onto his Facebook friends.

"Yes. Please tell me more."
In his mind, there they were, all 650 of his friends just waiting to hear from him.   How excited they would be to see his latest special offer.  Yes, about as excited you'd be to discover that the only reason an old friend took you to coffee was to to invite you to join their vacuum cleaner sales team.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not saying that your "friends" can't be customers. By all means, some of my closest friends are clients.  But, if your Facebook "friends" are truly your friends, don't they already know what you do?  You don't have to sell it to them through social media.  If they're not already using your services, they probably don't need them or maybe it's just you.  Just kidding, that's another topic for another day.

Think of it this way:  Would you share a selfie of you and your amazing dessert from dinner last night with your customers? No?  Well, what about that Vine video of your new adorable puppy coming down the stairs?Certainly not.  Why?  Because they don't want to see it.  Basically, my point is, keep your personal and business Facebook accounts separate.  They are two distinctly different audiences.  Besides, it's tacky.

If you're ready to market your products and services through Facebook to get results, contact me.  If you want to start selling vacuum cleaners, still call me, I might know someone.  ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment